The Christmas & Year-end Jugalbandi

NAM's (NeetiAnubha, Manohar's

Christmas & Year-End Potpourri!



Another year going by in the time of our life! 
I am stuck in a rut, can’t write for shit.
My life is stuck in a loop, though it be my fav song,
It’s been playing too long, need a different beat. 
Some Jazzy beats.


I am done with the fox trot, dancing around the ballroom.
I want to loosen this knot, being serious got too boring!


This hormonal humdrum, maybe it’s a 40 mainstay
From happy to glum; glum to doomsday
This is not the swing you asked for,
But it is here to stay, so I can make it rhyme.


It is the rut that defines us. Nahin?
We live our lives in that cozy place. Yet, looking for some elusive shit!
What do you mean - can't write for shit! Just speak it, if you can't write! 
For heaven’s sake, don’t be awkward about it! 

I can make it dance, to just to let you know
You need to be in a trance, to escape this rut
To give yourself a chance, get some breathing space
Because life ain’t a cozy place!"


It's Christmas peeps!! Don't be stuck in your corporate mire.
You've forgotten what it is to write; creativity died a slow-noiseless death.
The poem is stuck, and will take its own time cooking (pako-ing),
Till then I sit and wait... For luck!?


Our rut like the evergreen Christmas tree..
Win an award here and there; a flipping hair moment, 
A haircut, a new dress and a trot, strutting along life..
A poem now and then, a sweet-secret-special-act along,
These are our jazzy beats.. trending on SM stories, 
Eye-catching embellishments on the evergreen rut.
Underrated, yet shine up on this Christmas tree 
As you reflect, make for a great rhyme in time!

But it is Christmas Manny!
I want to too do my bit,
For capitalism. Hail consumption.
Go out! Get new hair. New Clothes.
A new me.
I will be happy till New Year’s eve.
Then anxiety shall come knocking
Reminding me that I am stuck in this rut.
I will resume my search for the elusive shit.
But till then its Christmas people, cast your worries away! 


So.. ok it is Christmas
So maybe we'll get a drink
Maybe sing carols together
And pretend we are not on the brink!
Maybe this is the breathing space
That you and I deserve too.
So Merry Christmas, Seasons Greetings while it lasts
And a Happy New Year too
To Yooo!


~~ The DreamCatchers ~~

Comments