Remembrance

You say you forgot to

return my call

Cause the spaces in your head

Are growing bigger each day.

 

You say you don’t recall

That summer we discovered that, climbing up a walnut tree

was a double whammy-

the tree may spare us but mother would not.

 

 

Or us marching up the Pine forest

To hide our orchard loot.

To offer our apples and pears

to the dark raven who would lead us to the

hidden gold.

 

“What about, the wild pink lilies

growing on the fringes of the farms

Yes the one that grew besides the biting nettle plant

The giant snails, dragging their feet to

assemble below the dripping black water tank,

leaving behind a slimy trail.

 

I wonder

when will it be my turn to forget,

These sounds, smells and sensations

I carry in the spaces of my skin.

 

And remember the silence of your cracked

mobile, as it sleeps in the red casket

Of your lightless study.


By- Anubha M
P.C- Anubha M

Comments